Jarrod Evans is a National Squad Coach for USA Triathlon and Head Coach for the hugely-successful USA Triathlon Collegiate Recruitment Program, a position he’s held since early 2014. This landmark program has produced numerous professional athletes including Kirsten Kasper, Renee Tomlin, Taylor Spivey, Sophie Chase, Mary Alex England plus a current squad of rising stars including Clayton Hutchins, Annie Kelly, Megan Foley, Kevin Jervis, Gabby Martin, and Natalie Tanner.
Before joining USA Triathlon in 2014, Jarrod also founded and was Head Coach of Australia’s most successful triathlon squad, Enduranceteam. Between 2000 and 2013, Enduranceteam produced more than 25 World Champions and 40 Australian Champions.
Jarrod has served in leadership roles for Triathlon Victoria, Triathlon Australia, Victorian Institute of Sport, and USA Triathlon. In these high-profile positions, he prepared and coached winning and podium athletes for Continental Cup, World Cup, World Triathlon Series events, and served as the U.S Team Men’s Coach, for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- USAT CRP Athletes achieved the following under Jarrod’s direction:
- Sophie Chase – 4 x ITU Race Winner (SuperLeague Athlete)
- Kirsten Kasper – 3 x ITU Race Winner and World Cup Champion (Top 5 WTS)
- Renee Tomlin – 4 x ITU Race Winner and Multiple World Cup Champion (Top 5 WTS)
- Mary Alex England – 4 x ITU Podium Athlete (SuperLeague Athlete)
- Megan Foley – 2 x ITU Race Winner (SuperLeague Athlete)
- Sarah Alexander – ITU Podium Athlete
- Taylor Spivey – Top Ranked ITU Athlete
- 2019 Pan Am Games Team
- Sophie Chase
- Mary Alex England
- Megan Foley (1st Reserve)
Since 2008, Jarrod has had 7 athletes compete in the Olympic Trials and worked with 4 Olympians.
Coaching Dynamic Preferences:
Jarrod Evans provides both in-person and online triathlon coaching.
Jarrod Evans was a former elite triathlon competitor and competed at the 1996 & 2000 Olympic Swimming Trials in the 200m and 400m Freestyle which allows him to bring ‘experience’ to his programming and his athletes.
From the Coach:
My triathlon philosophy is based on a few different aspects. I specialize in elite development with a sports science and practical application background and have been coaching at an international level since 2002. I provide athletes with a combination of exact programming based on science and individual physiology looking at an athlete’s background and then preparing the athlete to meet and exceed the demands of competition.
Asheville, North Carolina