Types of Personal Information We Collect
When you visit bettertriathlete.com, certain information about your device is automatically collected, including information about your time zone, IP address, type of web browser, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. This primarily helps us present the most relevant information and content based on your location.
As you browse the Site, we also track and collect information about the individual web pages that you view, including what websites, channels, or search terms referred you to bettertriathlete.com and the information about how you interact with the site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.” This data is predominately gathered via Google Analytics for our website tracking purposes.
In doing so, we collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on bettertriathlete.com, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tracking pixels,” and “tags,” are electronic files used to record information about how users browse the Site.
We also collect general Contact Information based on the following technologies:
- Contact form submissions sent to Better Triathlete (via WordPress plugin “Forms (Lite)” that may contain personal information.
- Direct email inquiries to the Better Triathlete team that also may contain personal information.
We do not conduct any purchases or collect transactional/payment data over the site. All data collected is from the technologies mentioned above and is limited to an individual’s name, email, message, and triathlon training/coaching details.
How We Use Personal Information
Depending on the case (e.g. an athlete looking for a coach), we use Contact Information that we collect to:
- Communicate with you;
- Refer you to a coach, athlete, or resource who can best meet your needs;
- Suggest resources to you, whether on bettertriathlete.com or another website or off-line resource; and
- Screen inquiries for potential risk or fraud.
We use the Device Information that we collect to:
- Serve you the most relevant content based on your location or other Device Information
- Help us screen for potential risk and fraud (e.g. IP address);
- Measure the performance and activity via Google Analytics;
- Serve relevant banner advertisements on the site via Google AdSense; and
- Improve and optimize our Site with better content, layouts, and UX changes.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our users navigate and browse bettertriathlete.com.
Lastly, we may also be required by law to share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Device Information to provide you with targeted advertisements we believe may be of interest to you. These advertisements provide the site with a small income that helps support the site and the multisport community behind Better Triathlete. A percentage of ad revenue is donated to collegiate triathlon teams.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network
You can opt out of targeted advertising (via Google AdSense display banners) by visiting https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous or by using an ad blocker tool.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Rights
If you are a resident of the EU and have submitted a Contact form require on our site, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. Please contact us through the contact information below if you would like to exercise this right.
When you submit a Contact form request or send a direct email to the Site, we will maintain your Order Information (via email record and Forms (Lite) database) for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Do Not Track
We do not alter our bettertriathlete.com’s data collection practices and uses when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you have any questions, would like to make a complaint, or seek more information about our privacy practices, please contact us by email at email@example.com.